
Though this event happened yesterday, I could remember it vividly.
Finally the day had come, 12 Dec 2007, the blood donation day and it held at the Raffles MRT Station. Over the past few years, I always come across the poster or advertisement; encourage people to do their part to the society. However, I always hesitate to do my little part.
After so many unhappy incidents happened within these 2 years, I tended to overcome all my fear about the pain of the needle and whatsoever. I plucked my courage and decided to go ahead to do what I should have done long ago.
Yesterday, I went there straight during my lunch hours without asking or telling my colleagues to join me. As I know since I already decided to do it, I should not ask or force my colleague to tag along with me to donate blood.
When I reached there, I tell them honestly about my previous illness - eye stye which I had antibiotics before. Luckily, it had been more than 7 days from the day I finished the antibiotics. In addition, I tried to gain some weight recently as I used to be 43 to 44 kg and the required weight is 45kg instead. Hee. The staff still let me pass even though my weight still remains 44kg. =P
I arrived there around 12.15am, and then I was given a queue number 126. Wow! This means that there are more than 100 people came before me and this event started at 11am. Actually, I never expect that there were so many people were so enthusiasm. Anyway I was glad that I was here too.. =)
I was given a form to fill in too. Many questions were being asked too. This is to ensure no false fact given from us and bring more protection to the received people.
After an hour of waiting, it was my turn to be poked by thick thick needle that I always afraid of. First, the staff would check and decide where my blood vessel is before she started her mission. Just before she started her mission, I closed and covered my eye with my left hand as I was sooo scare of the pain. Surprisingly, it is not pain at all. My blood flowed very fast and soon the packet was filled, and it took less than 10 minutes.
The whole procedure ended. Though I feel a little weak and giddy after that thing, I feel happy. This is the first time I feel a kind of relief as I can do something that I have been wanted and hesitated for so long time. And I promise that I will continue to do my small part if I can do it without any hesitation. =)
Finally the day had come, 12 Dec 2007, the blood donation day and it held at the Raffles MRT Station. Over the past few years, I always come across the poster or advertisement; encourage people to do their part to the society. However, I always hesitate to do my little part.
After so many unhappy incidents happened within these 2 years, I tended to overcome all my fear about the pain of the needle and whatsoever. I plucked my courage and decided to go ahead to do what I should have done long ago.
Yesterday, I went there straight during my lunch hours without asking or telling my colleagues to join me. As I know since I already decided to do it, I should not ask or force my colleague to tag along with me to donate blood.
When I reached there, I tell them honestly about my previous illness - eye stye which I had antibiotics before. Luckily, it had been more than 7 days from the day I finished the antibiotics. In addition, I tried to gain some weight recently as I used to be 43 to 44 kg and the required weight is 45kg instead. Hee. The staff still let me pass even though my weight still remains 44kg. =P
I arrived there around 12.15am, and then I was given a queue number 126. Wow! This means that there are more than 100 people came before me and this event started at 11am. Actually, I never expect that there were so many people were so enthusiasm. Anyway I was glad that I was here too.. =)
I was given a form to fill in too. Many questions were being asked too. This is to ensure no false fact given from us and bring more protection to the received people.
After an hour of waiting, it was my turn to be poked by thick thick needle that I always afraid of. First, the staff would check and decide where my blood vessel is before she started her mission. Just before she started her mission, I closed and covered my eye with my left hand as I was sooo scare of the pain. Surprisingly, it is not pain at all. My blood flowed very fast and soon the packet was filled, and it took less than 10 minutes.
The whole procedure ended. Though I feel a little weak and giddy after that thing, I feel happy. This is the first time I feel a kind of relief as I can do something that I have been wanted and hesitated for so long time. And I promise that I will continue to do my small part if I can do it without any hesitation. =)
No comments:
Post a Comment